Cogonov Inc. is a private resource company focused on the exploration and development of Iron-Oxide-Copper-Gold (IOCG) deposits in central Nova Scotia, Canada. Formed for this specific purpose, Cogonov Inc.
initially acquired 2,651 claims along the Cobequid-Chedabucto Fault Zone (CCFZ) which covered exploration targets previously delineated by Minotaur Exploration Ltd. Australia. Regarded as having expertise in IOCG exploration,
these targets were the result of years of field work including the largest ground based gravity survey conducted in eastern Canada. Abandoned in 2010 due to financial constraints, Cogonov recognized an opportunity and immediately acquired the
critical claims by staking. Additional ground was acquired by option agreements and staking.
deposits are economically significant, large scale, low grade hydrothermal deposits with ore zones associated with regional scale alteration systems. Included in this set of deposit types is the world class copper-gold-uranium Olympic Dam deposit
in Australia, La Candelaria copper-gold deposit in Chile and the Ernest Henry / Cloncurry copper-gold district in Australia. The deposits are characteristically sulphide deficient with extensive alteration zones generally highlighted by iron
oxides and other fertile mineral assemblages. IOCG deposits are generally polymetallic in nature and can contain Au, Cu, +/- Ag, Co, Bi, Fe, Mo, PGM's, REE's, U, V, Zr. With the combined potential for base, precious, rare earth, strategic and
nuclear metals, IOCG deposits are extremely attractive exploration targets.
The CCFZ comprises a series of crustal-scale faults along a length of 300 km and up to 25 km wide that bisects central Nova Scotia into two different geological terrains, the Avalon and Meguma. To the north, the older Avalon terrain
is comprised primarily of intrusive and volcanic rocks with mineralization dominated by copper. To the south, the Meguma terrain is characterized by extensive, deep water sedimentary sequences that host numerous high-grade, vein type gold occurrences,
many of which have seen historic production. The fault zone is host to >100 mineral occurrences and small deposits of Iron-oxide, Copper, Cobalt, Gold, Nickel and Barite. Mineral occurrences range from single veins to breccia systems and
are associated with widespread carbonate alteration along with silica and sericite. The Cobequid – Chedabucto Fault Zone has only recently been recognized as a potential host for these world class deposits.
Signup to receive Press Releases and Updates.
Thank you! Your submission has been received!
Oops! Something went wrong while submitting the form :(
- Cogonov presently controls 517 square kilometers (3798 claims) in 14 property clusters along the Cobequid---Chedabucto
Fault Zone (CCFZ) .
- Improved and advanced definition of data and modeling by working with specialists in the provincial government, exploration industry and academia.
- Property clusters have been prioritized: Copper Lake , Londonderry, and Bass River – See Map *
- Technical team announced and launched April 2014.
- Land Access process underway.
- Field work to commence in May. Drilling to follow.
- Acquired claims covering prospective ground for epithermal gold.
- Additional claims acquired for Copper Lake April 2014
Bass River Co Au
- 552 claims covering historic barite and magnetite showings along the Bass River magnetic linear.
- Project covers approximately 12 kilometers of the Cobequid Fault, one of the principal structures in the CCFZ
- Inversion modeling of Target NS 23 gravity data suggests a dense source from 250 to 1000m below ground level. Drilling was recommended by Minotaur Exploration Ltd.
Londonderry Fe Cu
- Location of historic iron mines, with 60 years of production
- Fault bounded mineralization that includes Fe carbonates plus Cu
- Detailed gravity revealed 4 sub anomalies, some of which were covered by the VTEM survey.
- Recent prospecting located copper mineralization up to 0.62%
Copper Lake Cu Au
- Past producing Cu-Au occurrence on the eastern end of the CCFZ. Fault bounded mineralization that includes Fe carbonates plus Cu
- Mineralized zones occur in east trending, moderate to steeply dipping (<= 65 degrees) siderite-sulphide veins*
- Early workings of veins produced ore with grades up to 10 -12% Cu with 0.24 oz/t Au, 0.3 oz /t Ag and 0.1% Ni
- Historical intersections of >2% Cu over 3.0m have been recorded
2012 - 2013 Exploration Activities
The Exploration team was active in both the field and office, consolidating exploration data in preparation for drill target definition. To further enhance Minotaur's exploration targets, Cogonov engaged GeoTech Ltd of Aurora Ontario to fly an airborne
VTEM (Versatile Time Domain Electromagnetic Surveying) and magnetic survey over 12 flight blocks. The final data was received and secondary processing was completed by Minotaur Exploration Ltd.
- Secondary processing of VTEM data identified 100 targets, 47 of which were classified as high to very high priority. As a result, further ground was staked at Copper lake in October 2013
- Received multi-element geochemical results from 850 samples collected by Government geologists on claims in the central portion of the project area. Preliminary results show elevated concentrations of key elements that may be related to mineralization
on or near the fault zone, Additional targets have been identified
- High Resolution digital topographic data acquired to assist in structural analysis of the CCFZ
- Assessment reports filed with the government
- Jan. 2014, Stakeholder Gold signs an LOI to secure the right to earn a 51% interest in the Bass River property
- Feb. 2014 Cardinal Capital Partners (CCP.H) signs an LOI to purchase all outstanding shares of Cogonov
- Mar. 2014 Stakeholder finalizes option agreement on 51% interest in the Bass River Project
- Mar. 2014 Minotaur Exploration Ltd. & Cogonov Inc. sign strategic partnership and Minotaur becomes Equity Shareholder
- Apr. 2014, Stakeholder Gold signs an LOI to secure the right to earn a 51% interest in the Londonderry property
Board of Directors & Management Team
Patrick Cruickshank, MBA, President, CEO and Director
Gary Lohman, P. Geo., COO and Director
Chris Carmichael, CGA, CFO
Chris Berlet, Mining Engineer, CFA Charter Holder, Director
Technical Advisory Committee
Dr. Tony Belperio, Ph.D. Minotaur Exploration Ltd.
Dr. Murray Hitzman, Ph.D. Colorado School of Mines, CO
Dr. Clifford Stanley, Ph.D. Acadia University, NS
The opinions, estimates and/or projections contained herein are those of Cogonov Inc. (Cogonov) as of the date thereof and are subject
to change without notice. Cogonov makes every effort to ensure the contents contained herein have been compiled or derived from
sources believed reliable and contain information and opinions, which are accurate and complete. However, Cogonov makes no representation
or warranty, express or implied, in respect thereof, takes no responsibility for errors or emissions which may be contained herein
and accepts no liability whatsoever for information and its contents. The information contained herein is not to be construed as,
an offer to sell or solicitation for an offer to buy, any securities. The officers, directors or employees may from time
to time acquire, hold or sell securities mentioned herein.
© Cogonov 2014
121 Richmond Street West, Suite 402
Toronto, ON M5H 2K1